These days, people imply that print marketing has taken a backseat to digital marketing. In some cases that may be a valid statement. Forrester has research to show online advertising expenditures will reach $77 billion by 2018, comprising 35% of overall ad spending. Don’t be fooled, though. Print marketing is still a very important piece of the overall marketing puzzle.
A more accurate way to view print marketing and digital marketing would be to say that they complement one another. Print marketing can improve your digital marketing efforts, and vice versa. Now that we know print marketing is alive and well, let’s look at 5 steps to help you create an effective print marketing campaign.
- Understand your target audience: One of the biggest mistakes you can make in print marketing is to write in a language that doesn’t speak to your audience. For example, you wouldn’t write a sassy, slangy, hip piece to sell urns.
- Creating the right materials: Print marketing comes in all different shapes and sizes. Will you use billboards, magazine ads, signage or direct mail? All of the above, none of the above or a combination of something entirely different? There is no one-size-fits-all approach to print marketing, so do your own research to determine the best marketing materials for your campaign.
- Don’t forget brand continuity: You’ve spent time building a recognizable brand that consumers like and trust—don’t stop now!
- Getting your message out:When creating printable handouts, knowing where to distribute them is key. Think beyond direct mail—think about trade shows, sporting events and other marketing venues.
- Track goals and measure results: How can you measure success if you don’t define what success looks like? If you don’t know what’s working and what’s not working, how will you know what to tweak in your next campaign? Using coupons and tracking codes are a great way to measure the success of your print marketing campaign and ultimately maximize your profits.
Although print marketing can lead to success, it doesn’t guarantee it. You still need to develop an effective print strategy that will put your brand in the spotlight and excite your audience. If you use the same, boring print materials as everyone else, you will have a hard time making your mark.
Get creative, put some real thought and effort into your print marketing collateral, and make use of all the tools and technologies available to you.
Contact Elite Image for your estimate and let us help you design and print your 2018 marketing print materials
Elite Image is your one-stop, local marketing shop for graphic design, digital and offset print and web services. We pride ourselves on quality, service and quick turnaround. Our goal is to connect customers to your brand.
P: 250 591 0175
Coastal Colour is the most complete in-house offset and digital print shop. Whatever your printing needs, Coastal Colour delivers.