The following provides step-by-step instructions for setting up access to your Elite Image hosted email address using Microsoft Outlook 2013. Where possible, we've provided static instructions which should work across all Elite Image hosted email addresses, but there is obviously account-specific information which you will need to enter (such as the username and password).
From a fresh Outlook installation (no previous e-mail address configured)
By default when you first launch Outlook, you will be asked if you wish to add an account immediately – you should see the "Welcome" screen below: simply click on the "Next" button: The following screen will ask you if you want to connect to an email account – select "Yes" and click the "Next" button: On the following screen, select "Manual setup or additional server types", and click the "Next" button: On the "Choose Service" screen, select "POP or IMAP" and click the "Next" button: On the "POP and IMAP Account Settings" screen, input the following information into fields:
- Your Name – input your actual name or legal entity name (however you want your name to appear to recipients)
- Email Address – input the email address assigned/created by Elite image for you
- Account Type – IMAP
- Incoming mail server – mail.eliteimagewebservices.net
- Outgoing mail server – mail.eliteimagewebservices.net
- User Name – input the email address assigned/created by Elite image for you (should be the same as "Email Address" entered previously)
- Password – input the password as supplied to you be Elite Image
- It's easiest to enable the option "Remember password"
Do not yet click on "Next" – you must first click on "More Settings": On the "Internet E-mail Settings" screen, click on the "Outgoing Server" tab, and enable the option "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" with the subselection "Use same settings as my incoming mail server": Now select the "Advanced" tab, and follow these steps (ignoring the visual sequence of the fields in question):
- Under "Incoming server (IMAP)" for the option "Use the following type of encrypted connection", select "TLS". The number beside the "Incoming server (IMAP)" text should have automatically updated to "143". Leave this number unchanged.
- Under "Outgoing serer (SMTP)" for the option "Use the following type of encrypted connection", select "TLS". Manually update number beside the "Incoming server (IMAP)" text to read "587".
Click the "OK" button: You should now be returned to the previous "POP and IMAP Account Settings" screen – you can now click on the "Next" button, whereupon Outlook will attempt to connect to the server. The first time you connect to the server, you will receive the following warning – simply click on the "Yes" button to trust the server certificate: Outlook will perform two tests – you should pass both, so simply click the "Close" button: If either of the tests fail, return to the "More Settings" option, go to the "Advanced Tab", and confirm the security and port numbers. If everything completed successfully, you should see the following screen – simply click on the "Finish" button: