HOW TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS DURING A PANDEMIC
This is a hard time to be in business, let alone thinking about growth strategies. We have all been affected by the pandemic and you have most likely been forced to make drastic changes to the way you operate your business. You are not alone.
Whatever position you may be in, if you are going to maintain & grow your business in the current economic times, it is time to adapt to the changing times and take action now. Here are a few business tips to follow:
Understand who your customers are. What do they want? How do they want it? Where are they located? Ask yourself the 5 w’s. Who/What/When/Where & Why.
Review your current marketing materials and adjust your messaging to appeal to your ideal customers. Reflect on the past few years of your business, what has worked and what hasn’t. Then make a list of your goals and how you are going to achieve this. A few ideas:
Refresh your marketing materials
Write a basic, step by step guide for each aspect of your business. It will be amazing how much more efficient and streamlined your business will be come. A few examples: start to finish customer purchase process, follow up procedure, purchase order system etc.
Write a list of your best customers, based on this list write another list of 10 prospects that match your best customer list. Ask yourself, how do you get in front of these prospects?
Be consistent and don’t lose focus!
Review your marketing outlets and refine your operating strategy.
- Improve your Online Marketing Strategy. You will want to consider investing in some sort of paid advertising (Social Media/Google Adwords etc.) in order to generate more leads.
The main online marketing categories are:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Ask Customers for Reviews and showcase this on your Website, Facebook Reviews and your Google Business Page. This will show prospects you’re trustworthy and that you come highly recommended.
- Touch base with past clients.
- Review your budget and cut unnecessary expenses.
- Optimize your social media accounts. We all know social media plays a crucial role in our marketing mix, but when was the last time you updated your profile photo or posted a video? Make a list of the top 3 social medial channels you want to focus on and go through every detail – update photos, about page, services, contact information and ensure you maximize the benefit of staying connected. Develop an 8 week content/posting plan and use hootsuite to schedule this.
Maintaining or growing your business during these times are never easy. You started this business for a reason, Don’t lose hope. Keep that entrepreneurial spirit alive!! Hustle, work hard, innovate, execute, stay positive and push yourself to get creative in navigating your business through these times.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to get in touch to discuss any growth strategies or ideas that you have.
Elite Image is your one-stop, local Nanaimo marketing shop for graphic design, digital and offset print and web services. We pride ourselves on quality, service and quick turnaround. Our goal is to connect customers to your brand.