The best source of business are referrals from past clients. Send them an email, mention a memorable conversation you had, add a personal element to it and see if they need anything else. Don’t forget to ask for the referral, even a simple “if you have any family or friends who are looking to buy or sell, I would love the opportunity to work with them”
Incorporate a referral rewards program into your marketing mix. For any referral that results in a sale, receive cash back.
Start a touch base campaign with your previous clients or prospects. When was the last time you received a hand written card? Don’t underestimate the power of a handwritten card, for holiday greeting cards, home anniversary or even a Happy Birthday greeting.
A unique business card speaks a lot about you and leaves a lasting impression!
Postcard Mailers: To promote just listed/sold, acquire new leads or just stay in touch, put your message directly into your prospects hands!
Digital marketing including website, Xposure and social media.
Deliver a powerful listing presentation
Preparation and research is key.
- CMA – Research similar active listings and sold listings to estimate the homes current market value as accurately as possible
- Neighborhood – What local amenities are in the area? Park spaces, Schools, Community centers, etc. The more familiar you are with the local neighborhood, the more trust and confidence you build with your prospect.
- Research your prospect – where do they work, what hobbies do they like. The more you can create a personal connection with your prospect, the more likely they will commit to working with you
- Sales Materials (Leave behind)
- Business cards
- Presentation Folder
- Seller’s guide to working with you. I have included below a list of content to include in your Seller’s Guide:
- A bio about you. Who you are, what sets you apart and how you will get results for your client
- Your Brokerage. It is important to highlight the resources you have available from your Real Estate Brokerage
- Happy Clients – there is no better way to showcase results than from testimonials from previous clients
- A complete list of all marketing tools you will use to sell their home
- Professional photography
- Property Feature Sheets
- Virtual Tours
- Interactive Floor plans
- Just listed mailer
- Selling Process – a step-by-step guide in selling your home
- Selling tips & tricks – ensure to include 3 – 5 points on “Increasing your home’s value”
- Clearly outline the process of listing their home including timeline and the showing process.
- Answer any questions they have. And Listen! If they have any concerns, address them immediately.
- Follow up with a phone call within 3 days.